Wednesday, October 20, 2010

EOC Customer Service 2

I recently went back to Ashley Furniture to purchase a living room set for my residence.  When I walked into the store I felt that the eyes of the sales people were on me, hawking for the sale.  After walking around the store, I found the sales man who had assisted me a year ago.  .  I approached him, and he smiled,   He said “you are back Mr Robinson, how may I help?.”  He said, “  are you happy with your furniture you purchased last year?”  I was amazed first of all,, that he remembered my name.  “The twofold goal of marketing is to attract new customers by promising superior value and to keep and grow current customers by delivering satisfaction.” Armstrong & Kotler (2011). Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. Prentice Hall Publishing  Pg 5 .according to Market Analyst..    I felt very satisfied that the salesman had not only remembered my name, but also the fact that he cared about my customer satisfaction.  As a result of his great service, I purchased some more furniture.  I’m very happy about both of purchases.  I feel that Ashley does care about new business, but also want to ensure that their current customers are satisfied.  This is a great practice because you don’t feel like they just want your money, they want to keep your business and build a relationship.  I’ll probably continue to purchase my furniture from Ashley, due to the salesman attitude and customer service tactics.  If more store employees would take this type of approach, then the American consumer will appreciate shopping at their stores.  Bottom line is customer satisfaction, not the money aspect.  With great customer satisfaction the money will come and business will grow.  Ashley’s mission statement is, “We Want to be the BEST Furniture Company” http://www.ashleyfurniture.com/   In my opinion, it is living up to the words of their mission statement.



No comments:

Post a Comment