Wednesday, October 27, 2010

EOC WEEK 4: Advertisement is based on Happiness

WEEK 4 EOC: “Advertisement is based on Happiness”

I remember the time when purchased my music studio equipment. The purchase included the recording software Pro-tools, studio monitors, a recording microphone and a computer.  The purchase of the equipment of at that  time was way over my budget, but I didn’t mind.  I was so happy purchasing the equipment, because no longer did I have to rely on other people studios to record my music.  This allowed me to get up in my own home, anytime and record as long I wanted to.  Also now instead of paying for studio time, I could now charge people to record, and make money.  With my love for music, and passion for arts, this was and still is one the best purchases.  Every time I sit down and record music, I fully enjoy the experience and the freedom that it brings.
On Saturday 10/23/11, I finally did it! I purchased a WII game console.  First of all, I’m not really into gaming, or the whole video games.  I’ve had my Play Station 2 for quite some time and have been pretty content.  However due to family influence I purchased the game system.  When I got home and played the game that came with the console, it was fun.   I enjoyed playing the game and played with family for hours.  The game system with insurance costs about two-hundred and fifty dollars.  On Monday while at work I sat at my desk, wondering why I had purchased the WII.  The thrill of the game had worn off.  For me the purchase has created some dissonance, because I’m looking for the next game to catch the thrill and reason for the purchase.  The game console does allow my family to spend some quality time together, however that two-hundred and fifty dollars could have been spent on many other items.

No comments:

Post a Comment